Machinery / Production
Power Plants/ Dams
Airports / Ports/ Shipyard
Bridges / Tunnels / Viaducts
Shower / Bathtub
Piping Lines and Plants
Steel Construction Systems
Satellites and Telecommunication
A fastener joins together two existing elements or parts and a fixing attaches a moveable element to a fixed one. This is only a general rule and there are many exceptions and the terms are often used interchangeably. For example, a wood screw is a fastener but is often used as a fixing.
Fasteners are either:
- threaded e.g. nuts, bolts, screws and studs
- non threaded e.g. nails, rivets, pins and washers
- Generic dimensional standard for the fastener required - generally DIN standards but British Standards such as BS916 (black bolts & nuts) are also used
- Head style and drive - necessary when using British Standards but often detailed in the DIN standard
- Thread type
- Diameter of the fastener (shank diameter)
- Length of the fastener (may be overall length or length under the head depending upon the dimensional standard)
- The decorative or protective finish required.
Construction Industry Fixings
A range of construction fasteners and fixings are available, including:
Available in dome and countersunk heads in steel and stainless steel, stocked in a range of sizes, with other diameters and lengths available on request.
Shear Bolts and Nuts
Permanent one way security fixings, usually made to order and manufactured in stainless steel or steel, which can be case hardened to add additional security and protection from chiselling or hacksaw attack.
Security Screws for Electrical, Lighting & Access Control Panels
Security screws are used widely in the electrical, lighting and access control industry. Secutiy screws supplied to electrical component manufacturers and installers include:
M3.5 Raised Countersunk Security Screw
Typically used in light switches and access control panels, for examples in prisons, schools, hospitals, airports, and other public areas.
Ballustrading & Architectural
Amongst the most popular fasteners used by architects are security sex bolts, often used in glass panels or in hollow walls.
Security Barrel Nuts and Sex Bolts
Used to fasten multiple sheets (glass, metal, wood etc) together, achieving a secure and consistent aesthetic appearance. Depending on the drive type, they can be used in high-torque applications.
We welcome all types of commercial enquiry for screws, nuts, bolts etc. Minimum order quantities may apply.
Please call us to discuss your requirements or use the form here(you will be able to upload drawings and technical information if required).